Sunday, February 24, 2013

Recent Reads

Ever since I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas, I've been reading a ton more than I was before. Don't get me wrong, I was reading a lot as it was, but the Kindle just makes it so easy, attainable and I don't have to lug around a frumpy book or make sure to return anything on time. In short, the Kindle, and all eReaders, are something to be stoked on.

Here's what I've read recently while in a murder-crime-mystery mood, which actually is a mood that never seems to escape me. These are much more exciting than the lame romances I was somehow getting sucked into...

ANYWAY, here they are followed by a simple review/my thoughts:



The Neighbors, by Ania Ahlborn

This book started off kind of slow, a little like "um where is this going?", but obviously from the cover art you'd have to assume someone's going to get killed. The more I read, the more I enjoyed the plot and the true psychotic mess that our leading lady/character was. The amount of insanity and troubled past that went into these characters was seriously well written. Just when I thought I'd read the craziest thing, here comes another twist that made me say "WOW".

LOVED IT  5 stars
EDGE OF SEAT  5 stars
WELL WRITTEN  4 stars



Bad Thoughts, by Dave Zeltserman

Okay, this one was moving along nicely, good characters, strong plot and then it just got far fetched. Kind of disappointing, because it was really a decent murder mystery and it got all goofy and unrealistic. While it did contain a good twist, it was just sort of one of those "come on man" moments.

LOVED IT  3 stars
EDGE OF SEAT  3 stars
WELL WRITTEN  4 stars

Currently I am reading the following:

Paying the Piper, by Simon Wood

I'm not very far into this one yet, but I'm already hooked. It's a kidnapping/murder/mystery thing, and I'm really intrigued. Already a lot of good background, seems the kidnapper has made his latest crime personal.
Stay tuned for the after review!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone






No comments:

Post a Comment