Sunday, June 23, 2013

Chipmunk Recovery, Day 3




It's Day 3 here at the Chipmunk Recovery Cabana after Friday's wisdom teeth surgery. I'm still in pain and still pretty nauseous at times, but a bright spot is that I don't look like THIS anymore (see below)



My mouth tastes AWFUL, and I'm not sure what's causing it to be so icky. I'm doing my warm salt water rinses three times a day, and brushing my teeth twice daily (as best I can). My only thought is that it's the taste of the sutures that are supposed to dissolve on their own, but who knows. It's disgusting😣

Here's some things I can't do yet:
-yawn
-laugh
-yell
-lay on either side of my face while sleeping
-breathe through my mouth
-eat solid foods
-drinking acidic beverages (ex. Lemonade)
-drink alcohol
-SMILE

I am debating whether or not I should try to go back to work tomorrow or not. My painkillers make me incredibly sleepy and VERY nauseous, not a good combo for working productively. To not take the meds would be downright painful, which also makes an unproductive work day.

I have decided to base my decision on how I sleep tonight. If I am up and uncomfortable most of the night, then I will stay home and attempt rest & sleep for the day. If I sleep through the night or am pretty wide awake and not in too much pain at 5am, then I will suck it up (not literally because I cannot suck in air) and be a little trooper. Worst case scenario, I leave work and come home...

To be continued...

P.S. The WORST part about all of this is that I'm missing the first days of summer and the very warm weather😥



I want to go to the pool & the lake and just enjoy the HEAT
☀☀☀
Damned wisdom teeth...😠


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment