Saturday, August 25, 2012


It's Been A Summer...









Summer comes in so slow, and leaves abruptly. It's sad. Really sad. A lot of people love autumn, but not me. I know what autumn leads to- winter. Cold. Depression. Wet feet. Ice. Darkness. I need the sunshine. I need the warmth of summer. People suggest sun lamps, vitamins. No thank you. There is no substitute for real, true sunshine. There is no substitute for happiness.


This summer has flown by. It has theoretically put itself in a 747 and zipped past. My only saving grace right now is the anticipation of knowing I will be traveling to southern Florida in November. I know I will not want to come back home.


This summer was by far better than last summer. Last summer I met the love of my life, yes, but this summer it's been a year and things are stable. There are no haunting memories of our past 'loves', our past mistakes, failures, darkness.


This summer has been one of realizations. One of truth and tests. One of loss. It is almost over, and with it I have learned who to trust, who to love and who to forget.


This summer is almost over.


This summer is done...





No comments:

Post a Comment